Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 04:55 PM   #18
gnach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
What Does P0496 Mean?...
As a follow-up to Marc's: Sounds like Ford warranty. I found another site that had a diagnostic: https://www.fixdapp.com/blog/p0496
Difficulty of Diagnosis and Repair – (3-6)
  1. Reset the Check Engine Light to see if the Check Engine Light returns in the future.
  2. If the code returns, grab your digital multimeter, turn off your engine, with the ignition on and seal your EVAP system using the Seal/Purge function. Using your multimeter, watch the fuel tank pressure sensor with the sealed EVAP system. If the value is higher than normal, then it may be time to replace the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve.
  3. If the purge valve checks out as good, then there may be an intermittent fuel tank pressure sensor or some internal electrical issues and you may need to take your vehicle to a mechanic.
Not your code but related...I had a check engine/service light early on, while on the road, shortly after my purchase. Online suggestions were to check the cap, replace the cap, 2 to 3 restarts before clearing, etc, until I found a reference for a Ford recall. I logged into Ford's owner site (kinda touchy-feely) and there was a notice of a recall re: improper torquing of the crankshaft pulley. I took it to the dealer when I got home (I had printed out the page to bypass that "stupid consumer" delay). Oddly the time frame for service has passed. https://ford.oemdtc.com/2829/custome...eries-f-series
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.