Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 09:55 PM   #16
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
i have the roof sprayed by rvroof.com so I've been thinking along these lines off and on. Didn't know about these purpose made brackets though. I have just been contemplating sticking down some flex panels, or perhaps rigid ones...low profile right down on the roof
I figure mine is a good bit stiffer and stronger than just the TPO sheet

or I've thought for example on top of the AC shroud I could put a small flex panel

I just hate the idea of drilling through my caulk-free roof.

When I had it done they told me they would re-spray for anything like this if ever needed....but I'm not sure if they meant for a price or not. Regardless it's as much about the hassle of getting it there, dropping it off, etc...

I've also considered looking closer for a way to perhaps attach some metal structure bridging between two existing hard points...such as the AC frame and a roof vent/fan....then attaching solar to it.

In the end, I really dislike adhesive type connections. So many things that can go wrong. I'm a mechanical guy, and just feel better about mechanical fasteners.
so I keep coming back to just screwing the things down and then someday getting those spots re-sprayed by rvroof.com....IF I ever do get around to doing solar...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.