Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Vegas door lock
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 01:04 AM   #9
giagejohn

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Ohio
THOR #5125
We finally finished this project. Our lock broke on the lock side, not the deadbolt. The first picture is of the Tri-Mark with the broken lock.

When we tried the Bauer Product, the BP-12RV would fit the opening but the door would not close.

I know a couple of you thought it might be adjustable, but after talking with the Bauer folks, it is not. It may be adjustable on the tri mark, but not on the Bauer.

Below are the pictures of the Bauer vs. the Tri Mark. The Allen screws on the Bauer are not adjustable.

Bauer sent me a spacer kit to try and see if it would give me enough room for the door. While the kit solved the post issue, it would not go completely in the door opening.

I contacted Bauer once again and they make a “short post” version of the BP-12RV. They sent me that version and it works perfectly! And, it looks better imo.

I highly recommend the Bauer lock based on service, quality, price, and look.

Also, change it before it breaks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9740.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	15696   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9717.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	15697  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9716.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	15698  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum