Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 10:31 PM   #1
sage

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
Air Conditioner Noise & Thermostat ?

I just replaced the compressor in my AC, as it had been out of service for a while. I had forgotten how noisy the AC is when running. It’s been a while since I had to use AC while in an RV (like about 10 years) and now I’m wondering if the AC in the Vegas is just exceptionally noisy or is it just mine? In order to hear the TV set in the front area we have to turn it up to about 3/4’s volume.

Also the thermostat seems whacky. I set it to 72/73 degrees and it runs forever. I started pushing the set point up and it went to almost 80 before the unit shut down. Then I brought it back down to a set point of 75 to see how long it would take before it came back on - just about 5 minutes. Now it’s running again and showing no sign of shutting down any time. I know all thermostats have an overshoot point but I’m wondering what that is for this unit?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.