Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #9
HaRVey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
You're entitled to you opinion just like everyone else. I'm getting my information from Magnum technical support due to specific issues we had. Not sure what you consider high draw, but Thor connected the microwave, which IS connected to the inverter circuit and (according to the inverter screen reading) draws ~139 amps (heat pad or blender draw 18, fridge 13, TV's 11amp), unlike other devices like the ACs, water heater & washer/dryer, which you can't run off/through your inverter and only operate on shore or generator power. A "high draw" device like the microwave will consume battery capacity quickly (which is why we use the genny for it) but the inverters are designed for and can handle the load, it's just not an efficient use of battery capacity. Again, to each his own, but the facts are that Thor deisned and wired some circuits to run off or through the inverter, regardless of whether or not it is efficient to do so and Thor did not provide any physical, verbal or written limitations to the use of those circuits beyond fuses or breakers. The fact that appliance manufacturers will not warranty the repair of a device powered by a mod sign inverter should be clue.
I hope you and everyone else never have any issues with your RVs (inverter related or otherwise), but for those that do, hopefully this information is of some value.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum