Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #17
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
No, I don’t think they would necessarily be stepping over each other.

Some campgrounds that were modified to handle 45-ft DPs towing 20-ft toads not only require a very long pad, but also require two roads and very wide ones at that. And it’s sad that in order to fit more units, they end up clearing most trees.

Sections for vans, tents, and shorter rigs (say under 25-ft) without toads like in older days could go back to back-in sites on both sides, maximizing useable area for camping. Perhaps it’s not twice as many sites, but maybe 50% more.

Realistically, the biggest downside I see is that there are so few small motorhomes presently that these sections would have to start out small as a percentage of total campground. But if they lower price some, maybe it will encourage more buyers to downsize, use Uber, etc.

By the way, I’m not in any way questioning those who want large rigs — I’m all about freedom of choice. It would just be nice to have a quaint area in newer campgrounds. Old CGs still have them, but newer ones seem to design most sites so they can accommodate any rig (which adds flexibility). It comes at a cost though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum