Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 04:53 PM   #20
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Y'all always give me so much to think about & absorb! I'm less than 2 months old, as an rver & fulltimer. I am semi or mostly retired at 54 yrs w/a very fixed income (at least during this 1st year). I have some advantages in being permitted to use military posts, however, Active Duty SMs on orders in most places can reserve up to 1/2 yr earlier than I can, most places can bump you to get that same Active SM in (& even tho it negatively effects me - I still fully support that!), many have ended charging us on a sliding scale according to rank, except for those Active SMs, & the days of being able to retire to living fulltime in an RV on post are gone & many limit how many days, weeks, or months you can stay or return to the same post. I can't spend the big bucks to stay at the type of quality CGs y'all seem to be describin (& for me, $30 a night is steep, at least this 1st yr). The Natl & State parks are exactly as y'all are describin, in terms of cost & availability, from what I've seen so far - so I havta be prepared to boondock wherever & whenever I can. In my case, I'm not lookin to get somethin for nothin, & I'm not a Millenial wanting my Obamafone & big screen T.V., or live in a family members basement - but until I've gotten my sea legs (no offense Sailors, jus seems to fit this groundpounder's sitrep, lol), & learned how to earn on the road either with my firearms llc or something new &/or online, like so many fulltimers, I will havta be creative in conserving my funds this 1st year. You guys have been a big help in my learning. And guys, we all remember a very similar phenomenon of somethin for nuthin from our generstion (yes, I'm at the tail end of the babyboomers)! The long haired draft burnin stereotypical hippies, yippies & so many others who were bent on free everything - including camping (whether legally or by squatting). We all survived that generation (It's our generation, whether we were military or hippies or other), I think we can survive this new Millennial generation as well. With your help, even a rookie like me can survive it!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.