Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #9
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The biggest issue(s) Thor is facing today (their words) is overall QC and "dealer engagement" in the "after sale" process of customer satisfaction. Fewer models, more adequate inventory per dealer and less buyers traveling country-wide to buy a motorhome will build better relationships with buyers AND dealers on a local basis. This will also allow Thor to hold the dealer's hands closer to the fire if they want to continue with Thor products.
Well I think what would help CW (and other RV dealers) is they sign a Thor contract that tells them the perameters to appove warrantee or factory defects/recalls themselves (without waiting a week for THOR approval).

Just like any other Car dealership.....You bring it in, they punch in the vin # and check extended warentee and get the job done in one day (But let say 3 to 5 days for RV's if they order parts).

This to me is one of the biggest flaw in the RV industry. They want to point fingers on who fixes what and half the time they (Dealers) have to push it back two or 3 times until Thor appoves someting because the dealer dont want to be out money for "assuming" Thor will appoved something.

I had minor cosmetic things like this on my RV so it took a few trys before it was done (10 Mo). Thats when I decided to ever go to a dealer again if it was a cheap fix and I could do the work myself.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum