Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Axxera GPS
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #8
Metalgator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
I've had nothing but problems with the Axxera GPS. I had the first one replaced on our Miramar. It would work for 30-40 minutes and then the screen would lock up. The only way to get it to work again was to use the "reset to default" option and that would wipe out all my radio settings.

The new one works better but still acts stupid. I store my motorhome in a metal garage. This confuses the GPS as it can't get a signal. When I pull out of the garage for a trip, I have to immediately turn on the GPS and let it find itself again. Sometimes after 10-15 minutes it works fine. Most of the time it shows it sees multiple satellites but then when I start driving it shows I'm off the road and driving through lakes and fields. It will usually fix itself after 30 minutes of driving but sometimes it doesn't. A few times it didn't fix itself until we camped overnight and it was able to "find" itself. I also had one instance where it couldn't find any satellites. After a couple nights outside the garage, it fixed itself. I have just gotten used to the fact that it might work or it might not work. It always seems to work fine after being outside the garage for 24 hours. When it doesn't work I just use my iPhone. I have a suction stand for the iPhone that I just prop up on the top of the radio.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum