Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 03:09 AM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Welcome to the forum. I’ll start by saying I don’t know your coach specifics and I am not a BIRD charging system expert either, but after reading your story it seems to me that the only relay or device you did not check or replace is the use/store latching relay itself. That latching relay is the device that basically connects the coach batteries to the converter (coach battery charger). If the use/store latching relay is failed open you will not charge your batteries when connected to shore AC and you will not get DC power from the coach batteries when not connected to shore power AC. I am attaching a basic BIRD schematic for reference.....but this is a generic schematic and may not exactly match what your coach has. I suspect the latching relay shown in the diagram on the left side of the coach battery is what connects to your converter (not shown) but it would connect on the left side of the diagram.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BIRD Basic Schematic.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	15826  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum