Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 01:39 AM   #32
Logcabiny

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscanyxte
State: Virginia
THOR #11461
Radical mounting solar panels

Took a lot of "engineering", but I managed to put my 2 rigid solar panels out of the way of all roof shadows by mounting them on two metal poles running between the two air conditioners. I replaced all 8 a/c shroud bolts with bolts long enough to go through the 2" pipes and into the a/c frame. Added a support block in the middle "just 'cuz". Also added some heavy duty zip ties as back-up in case of primary attachment failure. Installed June 2017 with Morningstar 45 amp mmpt controller for possible future expansion. All continues to work well. Based on usage thus far I estimate needing 2 more panels to cover the house size refer, microwave, lights etc. Not a project for the novice, but I did avoid putting holes in the roof!
Larry
PS unsuccessful attempt to post picture
Logcabiny is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum