Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Have you done the grill fix? Apparently some of the F-53 based A's have a whistle from the grill--a call to Thor will get you a new one.

If its not a whistle: is the grill/hood loose? Perhaps its banging around--use some weatherstripping to tighten it up a little.

Thanks for posting, it's not a whistle noise, and no banging or clunking... Its a wind leak noise, and it sounds like wind is coming up the a pillar...or the windshield seal is leaking...I need to run it down to the truck wash and see if it leaks when they pressure wash the front.... I haven't drove it in the rain yet... that would also identify if it's the windshield....air is defendant coming in because of the fiber glass shavings all over the dash,,I worked on it yester day and did a lot of sealing ...we'll see...gonna test with a DB meter , that way I can pinpoint where the noise is loudest,,, wife say it doesn't do it on the passenger side

the noise, depending on head wind , starts about 50 mph and gets worse with speed...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.