Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 12:34 AM   #8
Gebills

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy
State: Arizona
THOR #12461
I’m going to assume this motorhome has Schwintek slide control. I have searched virtually every place I can think of and cannot find those small controllers that are pictured in the Schwintek manual. However these slides, once the slide is extended do have aluminum tracks top and bottom, and on the front side and aft side of the slide.

The issue as it currently stands, is that when you push the extend button on the forward slide controller, the front and the back of the slide both start extending. Once they are both out about 5 or 6 inches, the forward motor in the forward part of the slide will continue at normal speed while the rear motor on the aft part of the forward slide slows up tremendously, which begins to cock the slide sideways. With someone else pushing the extend button I can put my weight against the aft part of the slide and push the after part of the slide out to equal the speed of the forward part of the slide. Once the slide is extended all the way out, you can push the retract button on the forward slide and the aft motor will pull the after part of the slide in at normal speed while the forward motor lags way behind and will cock the slide sideways. So extending the slide out all the way, one man on the operator buttons and One man outside pushing the forward part of the slide in, you can retract the slide all the way in and seat it against the bulkhead of the coach.

I called a technician at La Mesa RV and he has suggested I contact Thor factory in the morning. He also suggested that since the coach has been in storage since early December without being plugged in other than my running the generator once a week for 15 minutes to charge batteries, that he suggested the batteries may not be totally charged and that the motors may not be functioning correctly due to lack of battery strength. With the coach here at the house, I have the coach plugged in tonight and we will see how the slide operates in the morning once I have a full charge. I anticipate I will be calling Thor in the morning as I have my doubts about this battery strength solving the issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum