Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 08:53 PM   #6
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post
Thanks! I'll do that hopefully in the near future. So far my best site with MWR has been the Jacksonville NAS, that place was beautiful & had all the amenities - plus, to bring joy to every vet, the laundry was clean & Free!!!

So far, while dodging the East coast storms (in my nearly 2 month old rv life), I've stayed at Ft Meade MD, Ft Bragg NC, Hunter Army Airfield SC, Jackson Naval Air Station FL (along w/the ubiquitous Wally Worlds & Cracker Barrels).

I'm looking forward to heading back South, & then West, before the end of winter - or before my rig turns into a permanent block of ice - whichever comes 1st, lol!
Oh, & I left out Ft Eustis;

Ft Eustis is nice, the rv park is mostly on a hill w/mostly gravel & mud sites. There are hookups, with the electric & sewer on the right side & uphill from the sites, & the water on the other side. The sewer is a ten inch hole covered by an iron plate that reads "Sewage to Ocean" (I kid you not!).

The park is in a small copse of trees next to the lake that sadly has a sign warning not to eat any fish. The toxicity is high due to the presence to what they call the ghost fleet - a ship graveyard in the little lake that has remains going back to WWI. As far as I can tell, there are no bath houses or laundry, but there are some cabins closer to the fresh water lake resides parallel & just short of the ocean water.

The people I've met here are very friendly, especially the AD livin in the park. But if you know the old Ft Eustis, this new version with the Joint Deployment Training Brigade (apparently what I was listening to last night), then you probably won't recognize it anymore.

They still call it a Fort, but the majority of the folks I've met here, including the Active livin at the rv park, are a mix of Navy & Coasties, along with some Airman.

They still have the Old Transportation Brigade & Aviation, & CID, but the place looks more like it should have been re-designated as a naval base or airbase!

It's a nice place for a quick stop while dealing with cw issues. Its fairly inexpensive at $20 a night, regardless of your rank.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum