Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
removing sofa ...likes and don't likes

So here I am again..hate the fold out sofa bed... it's not comfortable , you loose all the under sofa storage...it sticks out from the wall too far and in to the walk way...went through this on my 24.1, 27b, pace arrow DP, and now on my 29m...what gives here...I've owned dozens and dozens of motorhomes, and till just recent, I never changed out the furniture, unless it was older and just wanted a fresh look...

don't likes.....

I owned a street rod shop, built ground up cars...restored and customized...
if I change out part of the seating... it all has to exact match... or no go for me... when I did my alpine, I ordered all new from flex steel ,captain seats, sofa, and love seat.. all ultra matching leather.. next... most all sofas seem to end up on the slide out...+-4'' rise.. the industry standard is about 18'' seat height. .for chair height... 24'' counter height and 30'' pub, bar height...putting a residential sofa on a slide puts the seat height at about 22''+- way way too high,... If thor did that , you would never here the end of it!!… when I did it on my FR3... it was like sitting in a barber chair...hated it...on my 24.1 I took the bottom apart, removed the sliders and was able to lower it about 2''... but still not right...

if you order from some one like flex steel, you can get it made to fit the slide out height.... but, you can't match the material....you can go with a floral pattern… the "grandmas house look"..or, even though it doesn't match... say it's close enough and live with it....my self.... it has to match, I don't want to take a brand new coach and put a sofa that doesn't match...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.