Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #1
m@tt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #13002
Question four winds house battery replacement

I asked thor about the house battery which comes from the factory and they sent me a few details on it. It looks like this thing is only 35AH which seems very wimpy.

I examined the battery tray and it has an upward lip on each side which limits replacement battery sizes quite a bit.

I've searched for a replacement (much higher AH but still fits in tray/space) and this is what I've come up with:
VMAX MR197 12 Volt 200AH AGM

The measurements all claim that it will fit and since it is still 12v I don't have to make any modifications. It looks like all I have to do now is just make my purchase and swap the batteries but things are never as easy as I think they will be. I know I'll need to run the generator for a couple of hours before driving anywhere to prevent the alternator from working too hard to charge this sucker. Can anyone see anything else I missed?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1079.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	15904   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1080.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	15905  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.