Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
One thing the attached specs don't tell you is the optional 6.8 L V10 is a 2 valve version detuned to 305 HP. The 6.8 for the E series is not the same 3 Valve 362 HP engine that is in the F53. To get that info you have to do the comparison between the 2016 E series and F53 chassis.
Dave, I know it's semantics, but the 2-valve V10 came before the 3-valve, so the F53's is an upgraded version of the one found in Axis/Vegas. In fact, my first V10 was rated at 275 HP (also 2-valve), with others rated at 305 HP.

I'm making this distinction to highlight that Ford didn't detune the V10 for the E-Series -- because the connotation suggests making of a cheaper product. I think the reason they didn't upgrade the E-Series to 3-valve heads may have included other limitations.

At the lower RPMs these V10 engines operate most of the time, I'm not sure it makes all that much difference to drivers anyway. I certainly don't go near 300 HP on my present one. At cruise I'm only using around 50 HP on average. My best guess is that Axis/Vegas at level cruise run around 75 to 100 HP, depending on speed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum