Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 07:54 AM   #68
Adrenalist

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #14606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Don't forget to set up some type of skirting to keep the wind out and pack lots of supplies. I you are staying at a rig it can be a long way to town. Keep it turnin to the right.
Thx, Sam!

I’ll be parking it at an RV lot in the small town where our company will be building its infrastructure. Therefore, it won’t be moved, so I can build a wood frame skirting around the RV, replete with doors so that I can get in and air the tires every couple of months. I will then use wood screws to screw in foam board to the wood frame. It should resist the high winds at that point. Been doing a ton of research on this, hence the choosing a DRV fiver with twin furnaces, dual panes, etc. Just need proper guidance over the next few months as I conceptualize this all coming together.

Also worth mentioning, this is a genius idea for windows insulation in any extreme weather, be it hot or cold..

Anyway, apologies for off-topic banter. I’ll start a thread on insulation for sub-zero living in the near future as I’ll only have about four months to prep this rig before the move to WY...

Thanks again, Sam! Your input is highly appreciated!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum