Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 02:07 AM   #7
roncalderz@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Colorado
THOR #13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
sounds like it might not be recognizing the heating element in the tank, to keep the liquid from drying out/hardening, which is what it does if left out in the air, over time. It probably won't render any harm or cause any driving issues, until you have a chance for either FL or a service center, like Cummins, to look at it. Actually, Cummins would be the BEST place to take it.
You have a 5 year, 50,000 miles warranty on DEF and Emissions related Cummins items.

The only issue we ever had was at about 25,000 miles when the 'engine outline' yellow alert came on, which is for EMISSIONS related problems. After FL and Cummins diagnosed it over the phone as a probably NoX sensor issue, they said to just keep driving until I could find time to schedule a visit, but not to worry about miles or speed since it would not derate the engine.
Cummins, in Fort Wayne, IN, did the service. I stayed overnight at their 50amp hookup, in their gated lot, and they drove it in first thing, and had the Nox sensor changed by mid-day.... never any issue since. Good people.
Made my calls to Fleetwood , tomorrow I will call Cummings.
I did see that they do have a recall on my year of engine concerning emissions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.