Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 06:00 PM   #8
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcorry View Post
Yep, I thought about that, but could find absolutely no differences in the other limiting factors between the 16K and 18K GVWR chassis's -- only the spring deflection rates were different. That's why I thought "helping" the springs would come close to or actually equalize the two platforms' payloads. Additionally, remaining within the 16K GVW is nearly impossible to attain and still be reasonably usable.
how far are you over weight...the gvwr is a factory fed number... they say that's what it will hold..people go way way over that with no problems...I remember back in the day, the first thing I would do was run over to skips spring shop in vegas and add a leaf, they all were under chassised…

sumos will be an up grade and give you great results for your situation..

you could pm the weight to me if you feel better and also feel free to contact me..I've done a lot of R&D work on sumos for and with them... great product when installed proper

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum