Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 02:57 AM   #12
simidrm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncalderz@gmail.com View Post
Has anyone else had an issue with def line heater low voltage ? Fuse is good.
2014 Pallazo D P .
Which def line is it?
You can test the def line by a ohm's test, ohms vary depending on the length of the line and since you said the def heater fuse is good then most likely a open circuit in the def heater.
The def heater lines are numbered and each end of the line has a number i.e def line heater 1 and 2 would be the same line just different ends.

They are easy to replace, they are usually blue in color and depending on setup can have 4 or more lines 1 goes from the def tank to pump and pump to def doser then a return either goes back to tank or can go back to pump with another return line from pump to tank.
They will have a tag on each line denothing which heater line it is and on each end is a white plastic lock you pinch the 2 ends together to unlock and pull it off,be careful to not let def get into the plug as it will ruin the connector,if you replace this yourself look at how the line is routed and be sure to route the same way as you do not want any loops or area's that the def get trapped in a low spot as def freezes at 11 degrees and can break the line.
If you need anything else let me know I work on these systems everyday.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum