Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 12:37 AM   #4
airforceret

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
I've got the 2018 Four Winds 26B equivalent on an E350 chassis which derates the GCVW to 18,500. The 2017 is actually a better deal on the E450 and it's 22,000 GCVW but there is really minimal difference between the two. I've got 18,000+ miles on mine. I've towed a trailer with my UTV, a trailer with my convertible, and an Equinox 4 down behind it without any issues. It's not a diesel so it revs a lot of RPMs getting up and down the Rocky Mountains but it gets the job done. We've also done some travels without anything in tow which is nice because you can boondock easily and stay in most parks and campgrounds. I like the layout for the two of us and a dog. We removed the bathroom door and installed a curtain / curtain rod setup to be a little more space efficient. We also leave the ladder and center open in the overhead bunk for headroom and ease of travel. It's not as quiet as some since you're revving a big V10 but I've not found it to be a big deal. We did have numerous rattles to work through but that's true of most units. Gas mileage is about 8 mpg on average. Buying used you will want to check the fiberglass at the bottom on both sides behind the driver and passenger side on what is referred to as the wings for rot as there is a known issue with this area on some units not properly sealed from the factory. Good luck and happy travels.

We also had our front end aligned at a Ford Commercial truck shop and it drives fantastic on the highway!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum