Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 04:19 AM   #6
carlgorski

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevad View Post
Last week I I extended the two stabilizer jacks on my 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 24FE Class C Sprinter RV and now when trying to retract them I get no response when pressing the switches which are shown below. I’ve checked all the regular fuses (about 64 in two boxes) and the batteries are fully charged. I’ve tried it with the generator on for 20 mins, the engine on for 20 mins. And while it’s plugged in, but nothing works. The motor appears to be getting no power and I hear nothing no clicks or motor sounds when pushing the right or left buttons or pushing them to either retract or extend. I’m thinking that there may be a blown fuse or circuit breaker I’m unaware of and I haven’t checked yet. Below are a few pictures, if anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. I can manually retract both sides but the one that is still down has limited space so can’t get the crowbar in, but I can do it with a wrench. However, I can only do about a quarter turn at a time, it’s going to take 30 to 60 mins on my back on the ground so I can get it up and move the RV unless I can figure what caused the motor to stop working and then fix the problem. Possibly related the awning lights are also not working and the on off switch is right next to the switch for the stabilizers. Below is a picture of what is right behind those switches in a compartment under the sink but I see no water leaking anywhere, which may include a less common type of fuse in the red plastic container or circuit breaker from the cabinet they are attached too, however the lights went out first, then the stabilizers. Also below are pictures of the stabilizer jack and possible fuses/circuit breakers right near the stabilizer motor in the back of the RV.

Attachment 16136

Attachment 16133Attachment 16134Attachment 16135

Odd they have fuses like that, they should all be in electrical center. Those aren’t fuses just connectors near the jack. It’s a fuse has to be the odds of both bad are too high. You need to look more it’s probably a fuse like that red one in the front , there are a few of those in mine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum