Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Wanted ISO 31L Chateau
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 10:28 PM   #7
pstandiford

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
Couldn't agree more. It may not have been a very popular floor plan and I'll throw something else out there. Thor bought Jayco. The Jayco 29MV (my preferred choice) is the exact same floor plan with some things a little better thought out: mid-ship TV location, jRide suspension, and believe it or not the toilet. If Thor keeps the 29MV, little sense in have two coaches with almost the same exact floor plan. I couldn't find one with light cabinets and I preferred a street-side bedroom slide out.

I like the fact my bedroom slide is on the street side. It's opposite most others so when the neighbors party late into the night, my bedroom window isn't facing their patio.

I cook a lot of my own meals and the counter space comes in very handy.

It's a little too big for me but I think it's better than being too cramped. Mine's also loaded, right down to heated tanks. The Jayco didn't have as many options and had the same mileage at the same price. That's good and bad. The more options you have the more things there are to break and cost to fix. Gotta take the good with the bad, as they say. It's really nice to pull in and hit the auto levelers.

The only things I dislike are:
1) Toilet height. I'm 6'4" and my feet do not sit flat on the ground. The toilet is located over the wheel well and sits really high. I respectfully suggest you sit on it before you buy one. It might have changed my mind The height can get annoying at times.
2) TV location - the TV can't be pointed toward the dinette area. It swings toward the overhead bunk instead. This is where the Jayco it right. It sits in the overhead bunk and swings out toward the dinette. It's a little frustrating because I like to watch the news while I'm eating dinner.

Good luck in your search and let us know if you have any questions. We'll help you the best we can.

p.s. I highly recommend RV Trader to assist you in your search and RV USA for specs, brochures, etc.

We had a 31L and liked it. The two items you mentioned were about the only things we didn’t like. I’m 5’9” so imagine what it was like for me. I felt like Lilly Tomlinson on the big rocker. And that’s the truth.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum