Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 03:29 AM   #7
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
From what I could tell, either the keep-alive wire for the radio is wired to the chassis battery (the radio main power is wired to the coach battery) or some other module isn't powering down with the key off (e.g. Some parasitic drain remains when the key is off).

Instead of taking a bunch of time chasing down the drain I chose instead to just disconnect the battery.

In addition, when I upgraded the Jensen radio I wired the keep-alive power to the switched coach power so when the unit is in "Store" the radio is completely powered off (the new radio has a GPS so once it syncs back up with the satellites it gets the time so I'm not constantly setting the time).
Since you have a switch installed on battery, it would be easy to put a current meter across the open switch to see how much current is being drawn while in storage. It would drive me nuts not knowing the source or amount of drain.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum