Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 12:32 PM   #33
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
The interior in my 2017 E450 looks like it's from the 80s, and the twin I-beam suspension is basically the same as the one my dad's old 1965 Ford pickup had. Ford obviously hasn't invested in much new design and engineering for the E-series for a long time. The new cockpit changes look like they are adapting an F-series steering wheel and some dash displays to the old cockpit design, and it updates the design from the 80's to the 90's.

It's a solid reliable platform with a pretty bulletproof drivetrain, and parts are available and fairly inexpensive, so that's great. But it would be nice if they addressed some of the common complaints, such as:
- Lots of engine and road noise
- Poor legroom for driver and especially for passenger
- Lack of refinement
- Vague, sloppy steering, often requiring installation of aftermarket steering controllers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.