Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #9
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
Hey Don, Curious what MPG you are getting. Mine really isn’t broken in yet but the best I have gotten is 9.6. Average with about 2600 tracked miles is 8.3. Do you think it will get better?

I've driven around all 4 states around me and made one trip to Indiana. I consistently run 65 MPH on cruise at 2200 RPM...the power is enough to keep it there. It's not downshifted one single time and drops only 1 MPH on the steepest hills and average fuel economy is 11.8 over about 8,000 miles. I did play around once with it, resetting while moving along and tested it at 70 and 75 on flat ground. It dropped below 10 quickly an I could feel a huge difference in wind resistance. I don't have a lot of stuff packed away in the bays so the weight isn't near the max. I've seen some coaches at campgrounds, etc. packed to the max with everything they own, which makes a huge difference in mileage, especially if you drive a lot in mountains. We will set sail this summer for the adventures of the West. I'll get a much truer test of mileage then.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum