Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #10
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I re read your posts and you never said if the furnace blower started or not......so assuming not, then checking power at the thermostat is the easiest. Open the case of your new wall thermostat and place your voltmeter from R terminal (+12v) to B terminal (Gnd) as Beau388 said. The thermostat terminals should be labelled. If you see the 12volts then the switch is on in the furnace and voltage is present there too, because the furnace provides power to the thermostat typically. It does not mean the furnace does not have a problem though. If no 12volts at the thermostat then you have to go to the furnace wiring and find out why not or check for open fuses or breakers. Some thermostats also have a small in line fuse inside them or in the wall feeding them; make sure that fuse is also good if you can find it.

You should hear a small click at the thermostat if its small internal relay (call for heat) is working (powered by the 12vdc and a call for heat at the thermostat). The hardest part sometimes is figuring out how to remove the thermostat face plate without breaking any plastic parts. I am attaching my thermostat conversion picture to assist you.....look at the left side which is a “typical” analog thermostat wiring strip. Also since you changed your thermostat make sure your wiring is correct.
I am also including a generic schematic showing a basic connection of battery, furnace, air conditioner and thermostat to provide an overall generic view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Updated Analog to Digital Thermostat Conversion.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	16215   Click image for larger version

Name:	thermostat control of air and heat.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	16216  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum