Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: New to forum
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
jhb215

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #14683
New to forum

Hello All. I'm Jim from Long Island. My wife and I are recently retired and are planing on the purchase of a RV. On our last visit out west she stunned me by saying that she was ready to consider RVing. This had been a dream of mine my entire life but no so hers. She spent most of her time online looking at models. She was keying on a new class B+ but I knew after listening to her plans this was not going to work because of the size.

So instead of sight seeing we drove to a dealer. I went right for the Class B+ and showed it to her. As soon as she went in I knew she realized that it wouldn't do. Next was the Class A then C. The A was too large and the C didn't work either for various reasons. We then went from dealer to dealer checking models out. We found the Thor Vegas/Axis 27.7 which was perfect for our needs. Size, Storage, floor plan, Etc. Perfect for kidnapping the grand kids and doing daily, overnight or weekend trips. We inspected and test drove several of them and are now committed to it. I would have bought one out west but didn't want to make the cross country trip on the maiden voyage. Plus I resisted the Mortal Sin of RV impulse buying without doing massive research.

We have found a 2018 Unit with 300 miles on it at a good price. Still some negotiating room. After watching 500+ you tube videos and reading a library full of info I now turn to the veterans for help. Can I get some input on what people think. Don't be afraid to be negative. In fact that's what I'm looking for. One concern that I have is the tires even though there's only 300 miles on them, they have been sitting for awhile.

We are planning to take a trip to Ohio where it is for an inspection.

Thanks for the time to ramble and all of your help.

Jim

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum