Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Solar setup
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #15
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
I have a 2019 29m, I'd like to add a small solar set up,..it's pre wired and has a controller....and like the OP i'm not opposed to running the gen, and would have to anyway to run the 2 ac's..we mostly camp when it's cold out in the desert..from what ive read here, the new 29m is ready to go, just needs a panel.... can't figure out why they went 3/4's of the mile and not all the way... pretty sure most every one would pay the few extra dollars to have a solar system that's complete and working, my thought is it would cause a lot of coaches to be at the dealer for warranty work????

here's my deal...I have the stock 2 battery's 12v...I haven't checked the peracetic draw at the battery bank, just looked at the monitor and watched the volts drop..if you leave the coach on setting.... the batterys go dead in a couple days..could be just a bad battery, one or both.... who knows... need to check.... I've always had the best luck with 2 - 6v battery's , any way... I think all the electronics , even off, are sucking the batterys down???

here's another thing, not sure if it's right or wrong,..soon as you turn on the inverter... the fan comes on..from history of owning inverters, that should only happen when the inverter gets warm... correct???

I hate to do a post like this... with out answers to the basic obvious , as in how many amp draw with every thing off... and how much when I turn on the inverter... I removed the out side refrigerator…. but it still has 3 tvs and a dvd player hooked up..

just I'm trying to short cut this issue, and see if anyone already went through this and fixed it...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum