Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 06:00 PM   #6
mcr1010

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Nice mod. I have always found that mounting surfaces of components and the associated vibration contributes quite a bit to noise.
Thanks. Yes, even thought the pump base is rubber, it is quite rigid and transmits some vibration to the floor especially at cut-off press. To bad the pumps don't come in RH & LH intakes. It would have been a more orderly install. Not much room down there and considered mounting it vertical on angle bracket, but it is not for show and a few more inches of hose to make the reverse connection does not matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
One this I notice, or don't notice, from the pictures is the lack of a water strainer. Is there a strainer somewhere else within the fresh water system?
I had to go check and make sure I re-installed the strainer. Yes, it is there, but not shown in the pics as it is under the flex ducting. I had to remove it and clean the plastic chips out of the screen.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.