Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 12:09 PM   #4
vegasruv24.1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #12329
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Curb weight should be an easy thing to find online from the manufacturers. They have to know that number in order to get the load capacity. You just can't be happy, huh??? LOL
you would think so, and another question they never have an answer to,how long is the floor space with the door closed???...yeah I can read that the add says it's a 20'r...but can you put a piece of 20' rebar on the floor??? or a 20' 2x6''?? not sure was the answers I got....whether I asked on a 20'r or 24'r they said the same thing,... they weight about 3200lbs. how could that be....seems like they would have to have a weight sticker like a RV...how do you know what will fit...

I wanna haul 2 Polaris RZR 1000 , 2 seater's... wall to wall I need 19'11''..so 19'9'' won't work...

my current trailer is 22', with closets in front...there is 20' on the floor.... I had it custom built with 3 5200lb axels...so that's 15,600lb axel rated...but had it rated at 9,900lbs so no special dr. lic. needed...

but here's where I'm at now...my 29m is gccr at 23k...loaded, I'm over the weight...so I started taking stuff out...I weighted the fold down bed/sofa's... only 60lbs each..spare weighed 50lbs, bb/q 100 lbs with propane tank..

I'm trying to figure what the extra axel is adding.. I know it's 100lbs just for the 2 tires...and guessing 200lbs for the springs and axel.... maybe less..

as it is right now, the two rzr's are about 3000 lbs. wet.....coach (29m) weighed 16,530..plus 3000lbs, =19,530lbs ..that leaves 3470 lbs for trailer and supplies..we carry 4 fuel cans...about 170 lbs..leaves only 3300 lbs...so.. if the trailer was half the weight by going aluminum...that would be huge...but so far not able to prove that...and I'm thinking you only save about 300 lbs and double the cost..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum