Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 12:00 AM   #7
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
I just installed the Camco Extend a Stay my ACE 30.1. Took about 30 minutes. Attached is a link to one of the many YouTube videos on the topic.

You basically have two connections. The small one is used to connect a 20 pound propane tank (or 30, or 100 - any tank will work). The larger one is used to allow you route high pressure propane direct off the tank to other propane appliances. You get two hoses. One for connecting the high pressure tank and the other to connect to an appliance.

The appliance, such as a something like a Weber Q barbecue that uses the one pound disposable bottles can be used directly. The Extend a Stay hose has a connector that screws into the disposable bottle connector.

Appliances that connect to 20 pound (or similar tanks) with a POL connector requires an adapter fitting. However, all appliances connected to the Extend a Stay require their own regulators.

I have a Overland gas fire pit that has the standard POL tank connector and found I can use the Extend a Stay hose with an adapter fitting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If an appliance doesn’t have its own high pressure to low pressure regulator, then you can’t tie into the Extend a Stay without adding a regulator.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.