Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 02:15 PM   #4
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Specific to your questions...I have a Super C and tow a 16' steel with wood floor, tandem car hauler trailer with a 1989 Jeep YJ. the Jeep has been modified with all the front guards, winch, 3 1/2 lift, 33 12.5, etc. The Super C towing capacity is 10K pounds with a tongue weight rating of 1K. It has the larger commercial receiver so you have to buy a reducer sleeve to bring it back down to the standard 2". I use tire ratchet straps as they hold in the tire lugs very well. I also attached permanent "chocks" in front of the front tires. Total weight of the combo is around 6500 pounds. The power of the diesel is amazing...it tows like its hardly back there. The Boost PSI goes up about 15% but the reserve power you're normally not using is as if there's nothing back there. You can feel if back there but it doesn't affect to pulling ability. Tongue Weight will add to your GVWR and pushes the limit. Mileage drops by 1 MPG. I like the trailer set up as I can carry collapsible dog fence, portable generators, extra fuel, ladder and any thing else specific to our trip plans and the extra weight is not added to the coach. My first requirement for the MH was diesel for power, second was Class C for cab construction quality and third was bath and a half. It narrowed it down to the Super C and we love it!! The only thing I change with the coach while towing is reducing the volume in the fresh water tank by 50 gallons (400 pounds). This offsets the added tongue weight as it relates to GVWR...but I can carry 6 gallon Jerry Jugs of water on the trailer if needed, as you will have reserve capacity where combined weight rating is concerned.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum