Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
if I hear what you are 'saying'.... no, many manufacturers give you 'pre-wiring', for Solar and Satellite tv, etc., SiriusXM 'ready' radios, and other 'pre-installed' connections to help get you 'started', but it's up to the owner as to whether they follow thru on these items... as some may, or may not, care about having them.

It keeps the overall price down for every unit, but gives new owners the options to continue these build-outs, if they wish.

I have some Solar, and it was ALL installed by myself, no use of any 'pre-wiring'... as where and how I installed mine was custom, for my own needs and desires and usage. You can buy solar panels at thousands of physical and online places - take your pic. The factory does not decide 'what' solar panels you must use.

I have Satellite TV, but installed it ALL myself, as the 'pre-wire' from the factory was not where and how I wanted to use it. There are several satellite tv and antenna providers... it's up to you as to which you use.

I have a Satellite RADIO, but it is a mobile/portable unit, and doesn't need to use any 'pre-wire' into the factory radio, but simply plugs into the input jack. I like it and can use it in any other vehicle I wish.

But, some other owners want to just 'plug-n-play' with these optional services... it doesn't always come out that easy, though, as in any of these options, there can be differing ways of installing it to the owner's desire.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum