Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Outlaw 29H - Useless Swivel Seats?

So we've only had our 2018 Oulaw 29H about 7 months and it was the dealer over the winter a few months for warranty work.

Been spending on a lot of time upgrading and fixing things. Also trying some things we have never used.

We have never tried the turning the captains seats around to use to sit on in the living area. Thor gives you booster seats so you can sit higher given the floor height in the cab versus the coach.

I just tried to turn both captains chairs around to face the living area and you can't do it!!!

If you try to turn the drivers seat one direction, the seat back hits the steering wheel regardless of how much you slide the seat forward or back. If you try to swivel it in the other direction, the seat base hits the cab wall.

I have read some posts about putting seat back up, arm rest up, arm rest down, steering wheel tilted all the way up. I have tried about every combination. You can almost get the drivers seat around but it is really going to do a number on the seat back

Same deal with the passenger seat. One direction the seat hits the engine cover and the other direction it hits the cab wall.

Maybe I am missing something but it would appear the swivel seats are useless... and Thor included booster seats for both for some reason.

We looked at a used 2015 Outlaw 29H, which was the first year for it I believe. The seats in the cab were power seats and did not swivel. I assumed they dropped the power seats to make the cab seats more usable for the coach... and that seems to be their intent with the booster seats but for the life of me I can't get them to turn 180 degrees in either direction.

I guess I could always unbolt them when we hit camp and manually spin them around...... otherwise we just freed up some space since we never will have to carry the booster seats.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.