Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 12:23 AM   #6
azadv

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Arizona
THOR #10400
No rubbing issues. No adverse impact as far as I could tell. Tires alone were not any cure for handling issues, probably very little to do with any of that. Here's what I said in response to your question in that thread:

"I did install the Nexans before I drove the coach to San Diego for the lift at Weldtec. I had only driven it home from dealer, to my kids houses locally, and to the tire place with the OEM tires before that, maybe a total of 50 city miles, so I can't really make a valid comparison between OEM and larger Nexan AT's. I wanted to sell the OEM's with as little miles on them as possible to offset the cost of the new tires, 'cause I'm cheap that way. I can tell you that on the trip from PHX to SD (about 400 miles) the coach was kinda squirrely on the highway and when big rigs passed me (I usually only go 55/60mph regardless of the speed limit cause I don't give a sh*t and I have time) there was a lot of sway and swerve, and it sucked to the point of being a wee bit scary. On the way back to AZ there was noticeable improvement in ride quality and negative effects of big rigs passing me subsided to the point I wasn't all tense seeing them come up from the rear, it turned into a non-issue. Then I installed the Fox steering stabilizer to replace to puny OEM one and things got even better.

Tire clearance was close on the left rear in particular, the back side of that tire was close to the fender flare but the right side rear was centered OK. I ended up taking off the flare and removing some material and reinstalling the flare to even things out, then I installed some proper mud flaps on both the front and rear. The front tires didn't really have any clearance issues. There are pics in this thread of new tires installed before lift, I put them there to illustrate clearance..."
azadv is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum