Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Thor Coach Help
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 04:14 PM   #8
jannnda

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Thor MC has a max hourly labor rate for warranty work negotiated in the dealer arrangement. This rate is significantly below the going labor rate. Most dealers barely make a profit on repair work anyway. Then there is the fact that most Dealers pay their techs significantly less than the independent RV repair shops, so the independent shops have the most experienced techs. Thor requires documentation of the work to be performed before any labor is authorized, the return of all warranty parts replaced and complete documentation of the work performed. Small dealers do not have the staff to comply with Thor MC's requirements so it up to the service manager to all the paper work and phone calls. So what to do?
There are many great Thor Industries Dealers out there. MHSRV and Youngbloods in Mayfield are two I have used for 22 years. As for warranty or not service, I would always recommend you call Thor MC customer service and ask for a recommendation for a mobile tech in your area. Usually if your coach is under warranty, Thor MC will authorize reimbursement for the service IF certain requirements are met.

I bought my Thor from MHSRV. I have talked to at least 15 people that have used them for warranty work and all had a bad experience. Looks like you are happy with the work they did. It’s about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.