Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Girard Customer Service - Excellent!

After picking my Outlaw 29H from the dealer after a bunch of warranty work, I have been fighting problems that weren't problems when I dropped it off.

First I had Leveler issues but fixed it my self by replacing the Pressure Switch on the manifold.

Then I was getting an E5 message on the control panel in the bathroom for the Girard GSWH-2 water heater. At first I thought it was just because the unit was winterized and the gas and water was off. I started to de-winterize it and found the E5 error code was a legitimate issue.

After going through the troubleshooting manual, I narrowed it down to the blower motor (most likely) or control board.

I called Girard Customer Service and the guy on the other end was very nice. I am seeing 24V at the blower connector on the control board so he is pretty sure it is a bad blower motor. He asked me when I bought the unit and he told me they would send me the part and even pay for labor to have it replaced.

I told him I could replace it if he sent me the part. He took the serial number for the water heater, my VIN number and make and model of RV and said he would send out the part today and I should have it next week.

I just wanted to give Girard a shout-out for great customer service and working to get me the part right away!

I know some people have had issues with the GSWH-2 but once we figured out the right water pressure and just setting the temperature and using the hot only, we really liked the way it was working.

My biggest heartburn right now is my dealer did not do a thorough check of the unit before turning it over to me after their warranty work. Both the Levers and Hot Water Tank had error codes and they tried to pass it off as a weak battery from the rig sitting waiting till I could pick it up.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.