Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 07:23 PM   #1
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36qsh - $18,500 Cash Only

I was eating lunch with my wife and I saw a 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36 QSH for sale on Facebook for $18,500.00. About fell out of my chair. Sent them an email immediately saying I had the cash and would buy the motor home.

No answer so we finished lunch and drove home. Shortly after getting home I received the following email.

Quote:
Thank You for your interest in my 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36qsh that I have for sale. It is in perfect condition, with only 46,000 miles, Cummings 360HP Engine, Allison 6SP transmission, 4 Sleep, Length: 37. The interior is in very good condition, also the exterior. This Motorhome is top of the line. Fully Equipped. I have a clear title, free of any liens or loans. The price is firm, $18,200. I am selling it because my wife died a month ago (she suffered a heart attack) and it brings me bad memories, so I want to sell it as soon as possible. My daughter and I decided to sell the house and we moved with my parents in Winter Haven, FL trying to start a new life. Here is a link to the Motorhome photo gallery: https://www.use.com/Oh0tz
I emailed him back again and said I had "Cash in Hand" and to call me. Sent my phone # in the email.

Something kept telling me this was just too good to be true, so I did a Google search.

Turns out, this is a scam that has been going on for awhile. The scammer will send another email with payment instructions (here is where you send some money to the payment entity, usually an eBay or Amazon payment) But the payment site is phony and you're sending your money to the scammer.

Be alert! If it's too good to be true, it's probably not true. But I will admit, I was pretty excited for a little bit!
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum