Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 02:43 AM   #4
IdahoPoes

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 33SW
State: Idaho
THOR #4147
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanChateau33SW View Post
Has anyone installed a programmer on their F-550 chassis? Was the power and fuel economy difference enough to offset the cost of the unit? We have a 2015 Chateau 33SW and are getting about 9.7mpg (from the dash unit) at 70-75mph here in the south Florida flat lands. I think we expected a bit better out of it since I was getting 10.5mpg or so with my 2013 Ram 2500 Cummins and our 27' TT. The RAM was completely stock. Don't get me wrong, we love the coach and are really glad we upgraded, just looking for better fuel mileage. Any advice is appreciated.

Dan, I spoke to Ford regarding the installation of a programmer. After I answered their questions on what my F-550 chassis was (RV), and they looked up the info from the VIN, they said NOT to add a programmer. The head bolts are not big enough to handle the upgrade. They said they have received numerous reports from dealers on blown head bolts.

Marshall

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.