Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Recommendation for new tires

Well I’m sure you’ll get lots of opinions to sort through. Here’s mine. A 2013 coach might be on a 2012 chassis. If they are original tires they might be going on 8 years old - you can tell by the date code on each tire which will be a four digit number at the end of a string of numbers down near the rim. They will be the week and year the tire was made. In your case maybe something like 4312 which would be the end of October 2012. 7 years is a long time for an RV tire and you should replace them even if they have good tread left. I’d go with the OE size and rating and I’d personally use an RV specific tire. Some folks use truck tires because they are cheaper but I’ve also heard they can give a harsh ride. It’ll be harsh enough as it is and you don’t need anything making it worse. My dealer recommended Goodyear over Michelin which goes against my historical preferences for cars but he didn’t stock either and said his margin on either brand was the same so I would respect his opinion. I’d get the alignment checked if the old tires show any uneven wear patterns at all. And I’d absolutely certainly replace the valve stems with dually valves. Expect all this to run you in the neighborhood of $2500. Sad but true. Enjoy your new rig!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum