Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: No toad
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #1
CrazyCampers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Illinois
THOR #14172
No toad

We just bought an Axis 25.2 and my DH wants to try camping without a toad. I'm concerned that we will be limited in what we can do and it will be a pain. Our previous camping was with a trailer so we had a vehicle for excursions.

We plan to go on shorter trips this summer and then branch out to longer trips next year after retirement. I would imagine us mainly visiting national and state parks throughout the country, but staying in campgrounds and not boondocking for now.

I am not concerned about the hassle of breaking camp as we travel light and it is just the two of us, but I am concerned about parking at the different parks and attractions. DH believes we can simply uber or rent a car but I think that would get old fast.

What has been your experiences going without a toad? There are no arguments I can use right now to convince DH we need to use one, so I really want advice on how to handle finding parking for the Axis which is 26.5' long.

Is there usually bus or rv parking at zoos, museums, parks, etc.? Any advice on apps that can be used to find out what kinds of parking attractions have available or do you have to call ahead for each anticipated stop?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum