Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 02:28 PM   #21
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Not the same thing by a long shot.

If I buy a $15,000 Chevy from a dealer 50 miles away because he has what I want in the right color, etc; I can expect to be able to take it to my Chevy dealer 5 miles away for any warranty item, or any service, without any type of hassle because I "didn't buy it there".

RV dealerships run the same way on the sales end: they should run the same way on the service end.

But they don’t. That’s sort of the point of this thread. We can all hope, wish and think they “should” behave like auto dealers but they don’t. This reality should be a factor in making your purchase decision. Perhaps the reason you can find a better price on a coach at a particular dealership in another state is that they don’t have the overhead of a full service department and they know they won’t be servicing your purchase. Your local dealership will have to charge even more for sales if they take on all comers for warranty work (Thor pays the dealer but not enough to offset all the overhead, capital and inventory associated with a big service operation). RVs are not autos. They are low volume specialty products that, with some exceptions, are sold by small, family owned businesses.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.