Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #17
jbart1117

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #14464
Scam

[QUOTE=Squerly;175972]I was eating lunch with my wife and I saw a 2008 Tiffin Phaeton 36 QSH for sale on Facebook for $18,500.00. About fell out of my chair. Sent them an email immediately saying I had the cash and would buy the motor home.

No answer so we finished lunch and drove home. Shortly after getting home I received the following email.

[FONT=&quot]I emailed him back again and said I had "Cash in Hand" and to call me. Sent my phone # in the email.ONT]
Something kept telling me this was just too good to be true, so I did a Google search.

Turns out, this is a scam that has been going on for awhile. The scammer will send another email with payment instructions (here is where you send some money to the payment entity, usually an eBay or Amazon payment) But the payment site is phony and you're sending your money to the scammer.

Be alert! If it's too good to be true, it's probably not true. But I will admit, I was pretty excited for a little bit!
[/QUOTE
Yes a scam, said he was in the Army being deployed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.