Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #1
clpjr123

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Ohio
THOR #13951
Unhappy Thor FourWinds 31W exterior storage door leakage

On our Thor FourWinds 31W 2017 all exterior storage bin doors are installed with the hinge at the BOTTOM of the door....EXCEPT...the one that is located directly above the engine exhaust. The door here is installed with the hinge at the TOP so it can swing up and away from the exhaust pipe. A great idea but then the problem.
We have had continual water leakage into this storage bin from exterior water (rain, wind, road spray, etc). I have tried to weather strip all areas around the door with no success. All other storage bins are dry as a bone.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so were you able to successfully either seal the bin or change the door mounting. While we have moved any items from the bin that are water "risky" the door is showing signs of water damage on the interior that ultimately will lead to the need for a replacement. Also the locks are now quite rusty/corroded and I am hesitant to replace them until I have a fix here.

Any/all thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.