Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 06:12 PM   #14
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
lol, I was telling Trish (my wife) that I pity the salesperson when the time comes for us to buy a new(er) motor home.

After all the work I've done on this 2004 model, I feel I'm getting pretty good about knowing what to look for. Two months ago I would have walked in and been impressed with the amenities.

Today, I look at EVERYTHING! Crawl on the roof, look for soft wood, check that the appliances work on the fuels they're supposed to work (gas,12 volt/110 volt), check for delamination, age of tires, generator (both legs), leaks, window seals, batteries, inverter, electronics, switches, wiring, LED lighting, air conditioners working?, condition of awning, full body paint???, etc, etc.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be the salesperson selling ME a motor home...

If you have an honest salesman he should be glad to be your guy! He/she will learn a lot by watching you and not have to try to impress a naive customer. You’ll be saving them the PDI if you buy and you’ll be making the service and prep guy’s job so much easier by providing them a detailed todo list.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.