Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 06:27 PM   #22
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I say go for it but expect a few QC issues the first year of ownership.

Im assuming its a brand new 2019 model. The 2020 will be hitting the lots very soon (if they havent already) so they should be ready to make a deal with you.

Take the total sticker price of the unit and ask for 40% off. Its not unheard of to get 30 - 35% off of the sticker price (I got like 33% off of mine back in 2017).

Also tell them you DONT need an extended warrantee ... and if they corner you on it (and beleive me they will) tell them something like "I already had an Extended Warr. setup for $850 for 5 years" (even if you dont) and I bet the match or beat it. I had one for like $1200 for 4 year Ext Warr. adn walked out with one for 5 years for less than $1000 (Mind you they start around $6000 at first).

Looking back at it I wish I never wasted my money on one - but it was my first RV and stuff like Frig and AC, heater, Water heater etc cost big money so I thought it would be worth it.

Be preparied to stand up if Negotiations come to a stall and 99% of the time they will cave in (I stood up twice). Expect to spend like 2 hours negociating and DONT pay them anything until you look it over and have them fix the obvious defect first, get a full tank of fuel and anything else you can for free thrown in.

Good luck.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum