Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #27
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
like lwmcquire said, I bought two different units, a Georgetown, and now our Palazzo, from the same Texas dealer, over 800 miles away from our then GA home base, with no consideration or thought of needing to 'use' them for service - I bought on price alone.

I think that many of us will disagree on whether a 'dealer' is under any obligation, at least to our specifications, to 'service' any and all RVs that drive into their service bay. As a business person myself, I understand that every independent business has their own reasons as to 'why' they do what they do, 'how' they do it, or even why they 'don't' do it. I don't blame any dealer for deciding that only 'their' customers will be serviced by their own service department. Their customers come first, and they may have enough of their own customers that it would seem unfair to those who bought from them to be pushed back by someone who just showed up 'out of the blue', expecting sudden service ahead of those other 'loyal' customers.

Other dealers, or service operations, may certainly run a different type of business model, taking any and all rigs who grace their presence. It makes sense if they either don't sell RVs, or have built a large service operation that is not dependent on their own customers.

Each business model is a 'for profit' design. We may 'think' that every dealer should just take anyone who shows up at their business, but the dealer may have realized long ago that it does not work well for them. They risk losing their own customers 'repeat business' if that customer, just like you, gets pushed back behind someone else, resulting in aggravation and 'questioning' their own dealer as to why 'others' take precedence over them.

I think that you'll find plenty, plenty, of dealers and service centers who will gladly provide you service. Don't get hung up on those who may not.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum