Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 12:32 PM   #20
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
first, if you use CL or any other 'localized' sells website or app, and you're concerned about security, then just don't list your physical address - your city only will work fine. Interested buyers will contact you and then you can go from there as to whether you feel comfortable giving your 'home' address.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it so much. Millions of folks have things in their yard for sale, with a sign by the street, or placed in their vehicle, and that doesn't make them uncomfortable - it's a must if you really want to sell it.

The other day, I looked up some campers on CL. I contacted several to come and see them in person. One owner had no problem giving the address, after all, if you want to sell something, you should let the person know WHERE it can be seen!
Another owner acted hesitant, as though he wouldn't provide the location 'until' I was a few minutes away. I asked how I could be a few minutes 'away' if I didn't yet know WHERE to go to see it! He still acted as if he didn't want someone to come to his home and 'steal' his camper, even though it's parked in front of his house with a FOR SALE sign on it!

I don't get the 'security' thing people are concerned with. Just because someone knows your 'address' where you have an RV for sale provides nothing more 'unsecure' than the the hundreds of people who drive by and see it parked there every day. Would you be hesitant if one of those folks stopped by to look at it?
LOL, and, more to the point: Isn't the whole point of putting it out front with a 'For Sale' sign on it to get people to stop and look? (In addition, most of the time people put, gasp, their phone # on the for sale sign!)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.